Why Not Try Picking Your Own, Have A Day Out In The Fresh Country Air. What A Great Healthy Activity For The Kids, And You Can't Get Any Fresher Than Straight From The Farm.
Strawberries ready for picking
Geart for the kids or the young at heart
families or visitors
Schools or Day Care Groups
- P.Y.O. is available from the start of the Queensland June school holidays through to mid October each year.
- Pick your own is available everyday from 8:00am to 4:00pm during the strawberry season.
- The season usually extends from June to mid October each year depending on weather. If we experience too much warm weather during the growing months, strawberries will produce more earlier and so finish earlier than usual as well. To avoid disapointment call ahead if planning a trip later in October.
- Collect your picking baskets from the farm shop and you will be directed where to go.
- Your freshly picked strawberries will be weighed when you return from the picking fields.
- There are no entry fees, therefore we have a minimum charge of a one kilo pick.
- The price per kilo will vary depending on when in the season you pick. The prices are lower in the warmer months as the strawberries are plentiful then.
- As we have strawberries growing under tunnels, pick your own is also available during rainy weather.
- In cases of extended rain periods pick your own may be unavailable due to mold outbreaks.
- On you return to the shop you may want to check out the other great strawberry products available.
- Busses, Tour groups, School groups, Child Care Centre's, Playgroups and Birthday groups are all welcome, please phone ahead for a booking and pricing.
So bring the kids, fill your punnet and enjoy the experience of selecting your own sweet strawberries straight from the bush. Nothing is fresher.